Subject: Re: pathname conversion
From: [email-masked] (Paul Prescod)

26 Sep 1997 09:27:28 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Alex wrote:
> It's MS Windows NT or 95.  Slurring Windows is just kinda stupid, as
> Windows could also refer to X .  

Didn't you know that punning on Microsoft and Windows is the way to
prove you are kewl in today's hacker society? RMS has broken many
software packages by renaming the Emacs win32 functions "w32" because he
didn't want to associate the word "win" with anything Microsoftish. With
witty opponents attacking Microsoft with such subtle, intelligent
satire, Bill must be shaking in his boots.

 Paul Prescod
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".