Subject: RE: installation
From: [email-masked] (Ernest Clayton Cordell, Jr.)

26 Sep 1997 06:00:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]"
	 <[email-masked]>,
        "'Earnie Boyd'" <[email-masked]>

Kai,
	The information you have received is important: It is essential to the 
toolset with what you will learn from the book, yet the book does not help 
you with the particular toolset.  There are duplicate files on the disk: 
 Read those and the ones at the website as well; the files with the same 
names at the website have been changed to reflect later versions, BUT some 
very useful information has also been added.
	You should be able to write your own original programs after the 24 
lessons; Unless you have prior programming experience, superhuman retention 
or a lot less on your honeydew list, I suggest 3 days of 8 hours each -- 
that's a fairly heavy cognitive load.
	If you want to keep your perspective, after you've installed (the disk 
version with ZIP 6.2 is an easy install and all that you'll need for the 
course), and completed all the program exercises, come back and subscribe 
to this list to increase your capabilities.
	If you expect to achieve professional proficiency within weeks when it has 
taken the rest of us years, why would you come to us for advice?

Ernie
----------
From: 	Earnie Boyd
Sent: 	Thursday, September 25, 1997 10:32 PM
To: 	[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: 	Re: installation

>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 19:27:32 +0100
>From: kai <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: installation
>
>help!
>
>I have bought a book which contains cygnus beta17, I am not sure if it
>is supported, but i am having real trouble installing it. I can put it
>all onto my hard drive, but after that, I have no idea what to run , do
>what or whatever. Everything that I open say something like error, do
>something else. The book is by SAMS PUBLISHING, "teach yourself C++ in
>24hrs. (yeah right). I have read all the notes and there is nothing
>telling you to do what. There is nothing to say which files are the
>compilers, debuggers, linkers and so on. Where the hell is everything?
>This just stupid.
>

Let me first point you to some important documents:

Read the README.txt and faq.txt file located at
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/.

Then take a look at the http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32 web page.
This is the mail list archive and you will be able to find the answers
to many questions.

Goodluck,

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".