Subject: Can anyone explain this CR/LF behaviour.
From: [email-masked] (Andy Piper)

26 Sep 1997 05:28:18 -0700
Message-ID: <3.0.1.32.19970926125752.009e8d40.cygnus.gnu-win32@mailhost>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

I am confused.

We have a cvs server running on a UNIX box in client server mode. We access
this via a cvs client on windows NT. It appears that files stored on the
UNIX box are stored in UNIX text format. However, when checked out to the
NT box are magically transformed to NT text format. Wonderful.
Unfortunately there is some problem with patch In that if I do a cvs diff 
on a previous rev file I get a patch file which patch (on the NT box) fails
to detect is duplicate when applied to the current file. The patch is
generated on the UNIX box by unix patch but ends up on the NT box in NT
format. patch on the NT box is 2.5 compiled with cygwin32. Is it patch that
is messng up or cygwin32 or cvs or what????

andy
   ___                ____         	Dr Andy Piper
  / _ \___ ________ _/ / Solutions_	(require 'disclaimer)
 / ___/ _ `/ __/ _ `/ / / _ `/\ \ /	[email-masked]
/_/   \_,_/_/  \_,_/_/_/\_,_//_\_\ 	boot /vmemacs

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".