Subject: Problems in select?
From: [email-masked] (Rick Blair)

25 Sep 1997 10:48:45 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]

Hi all,
	I have a distributed unix application that I have ported with
gnu-win32.  The port consisted of recompiling.  However during runtime things
seem to lock up.  The application communicates to a server on another machine
using tcp/ip and spawns local processes to handle commands.  It communicates to
the local processes using socket_pair or in this case isuse the POSIX pipe
call.  I use select to multiplex the pipes and the network sockets.  It seems
to run in the debugger when I step it, however it hangs when I just try to run
it.

To spawn the child process, I open the socket(or pipe) pair and then do fork
and exec.  Are the file descriptors valid for the child process as in unix?  If
not then what do I need to do?

Thanks

Rick

-- 

**************************************************************************
* email:   [email-masked]  * The contents of this message in    *
* voice:   (206)773-8962            * in no way reflect  the opinions    *
* usSnail: P.O. Box 3707 M/S 3E-28  * of the Boeing Company. Opinions    * 
*          Seattle, Wa 98124        * expressed here are strictly my own *
*    -------------  SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POP3 SERVER --------------        * 
**************************************************************************
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".