Subject: New Question:
From: [email-masked] (Kermit Tensmeyer)

25 Sep 1997 10:48:41 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Yea, I Know,  RTFM.

What I'd like is a pointer to the right FM...

 I'm trying to get a little piece of code working..

 Works on Unix fine.

  Move code to NT, compile and link.  "it" complains about missing
 object modules. I used perl and nm to search the libraries to
 find the particular library.

 I found the source of the library as libwsock32.a, so I added 
-lwsock32.a. No complaints from gcc, so i assume that it found
 the directory and the file. But it still complains that _rexec
 and _recv are not found in the link.

 so either it's not translating the name (hardly, I think _name
 is almost universal for the gcc linkers), wrong library (maybe)
 or there is a missing include file.

  Is there a include file that matchs the functions in the 
  libwsock32.a and gives the prototypes?

  somehow I think that it would be unusual if the functions
  (parameters and returns) would match the Unix implementation
  for sock_stream and remote execution.

  Hints?  I would be glad to RTFM.

-- 
-------
  Kermit Tensmeyer    (E & T - Networking)
  [email-masked]     Dallas
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".