Subject: RE: pathname conversion
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

25 Sep 1997 05:22:16 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>From: Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]>
>To: "'Fabrice.Popineau'" <[email-masked]>
>Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: RE: pathname conversion
>Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 10:06:33 +0400
>
>Fabrice.Popineau wrote:
>> Cygnus's goal was to allow Unix programs to run unmodified on NT.
>> But there is a need too for Gnu utilities to run under Win32, with
>> Win32 specifics. Emacs was ported and sources include Win32 and Unix
>
>I can't understand the discussion about pthnames at all... Gnu-win32 
tools allows to use both unix and win32 name conventions:
>
>H:\>ls -l h:\site
>total 1110
>-rwxrwxrwx   1 Administ Domain A   320512 Jul 05 00:00 bash.exe
>-rw-rw-rw-   1 Administ Domain A   427838 Sep 23 12:58 coolview.tar.gz
>-rwxrwxrwx   1 Administ Domain A   572950 Sep 23 12:50 cygwin.dll
>-rw-r--r--   1 Administ Domain U    13123 Sep 23 13:14 index.shtml
>-rw-rw-rw-   1 Administ Domain A   693370 Aug 19 14:38 libcygwin.a
>-rwxrwxrwx   1 Administ Domain A     3072 Jul 12 01:53 ps.exe
>-rw-rw-rw-   1 Administ Domain A   235612 Sep 17 09:43 remote.tar.gz
>drwxr-xr-x   5 Administ Domain A        0 Aug 01 11:11 usr
>drwxr-xr-x   4 Administ Domain A        0 Aug 01 11:10 var
>
>H:\site>tar tvz --force-local -f H:\site\coolview.tar.gz
>-rwxrwxrwx Administrators/Domain Admins 320512 Jul 05 00:00 1997 
bash.exe
>-rwxrwxrwx Administrators/Domain Admins 572950 Sep 23 12:50 1997 
cygwin.dll
>-rw-rw-rw- Administrators/Domain Admins 693370 Aug 19 14:38 1997 
libcygwin.a
>-rwxrwxrwx Administrators/Domain Admins   3072 Jul 12 01:53 1997 ps.exe
>
>H:\site>ls -l /site
>total 1110
>-rwxrwxrwx   1 Administ Domain A   320512 Jul 05 00:00 bash.exe
>-rw-rw-rw-   1 Administ Domain A   427838 Sep 23 12:58 coolview.tar.gz
>-rwxrwxrwx   1 Administ Domain A   572950 Sep 23 12:50 cygwin.dll
>-rw-r--r--   1 Administ Domain U    13123 Sep 23 13:14 index.shtml
>-rw-rw-rw-   1 Administ Domain A   693370 Aug 19 14:38 libcygwin.a
>-rwxrwxrwx   1 Administ Domain A     3072 Jul 12 01:53 ps.exe
>-rw-rw-rw-   1 Administ Domain A   235612 Sep 17 09:43 remote.tar.gz
>drwxr-xr-x   5 Administ Domain A        0 Aug 01 11:11 usr
>drwxr-xr-x   4 Administ Domain A        0 Aug 01 11:10 var
>
>-- 

That is if you in the MSDOS command mode.  Try your examples from bash.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".