Subject: RE: CP/M -> DOS, was pathname conversion
From: [email-masked] (Alex)

25 Sep 1997 00:39:41 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, William M. Mullins wrote:

> 64kb of core is more memory than any competent programmer ever needs to
> do anything!  We will design the "processor of the future (8088)" to
> address memory in several segments of 64kb so as to make the
> simultaneous loading of tasks easier for the OS.  In addition, 10 tasks
> loaded simultaneously in memory is ridiculous, so the system
> architecture can be safely limited to 640kb (an absurdly large number)
> without fear of any user ever exceeding the system requirements!  For
> developers, the addition of a 10MB hard-disc will provide effectively
> infinite storage.
> 
> 1980 was an exciting time for small computers ... to be able to have
> that much power at your finger-tips!

It's hard to imagine that Win95 is based on technology older than me.
*grin*

- alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".