Subject: RE: pathname conversion
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

24 Sep 1997 23:37:11 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: "'Fabrice.Popineau'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Fabrice.Popineau wrote:
> Cygnus's goal was to allow Unix programs to run unmodified on NT.
> But there is a need too for Gnu utilities to run under Win32, with
> Win32 specifics. Emacs was ported and sources include Win32 and Unix

I can't understand the discussion about pthnames at all... Gnu-win32 tools allows to use both unix and win32 name conventions:

H:\>ls -l h:\site
total 1110
-rwxrwxrwx   1 Administ Domain A   320512 Jul 05 00:00 bash.exe
-rw-rw-rw-   1 Administ Domain A   427838 Sep 23 12:58 coolview.tar.gz
-rwxrwxrwx   1 Administ Domain A   572950 Sep 23 12:50 cygwin.dll
-rw-r--r--   1 Administ Domain U    13123 Sep 23 13:14 index.shtml
-rw-rw-rw-   1 Administ Domain A   693370 Aug 19 14:38 libcygwin.a
-rwxrwxrwx   1 Administ Domain A     3072 Jul 12 01:53 ps.exe
-rw-rw-rw-   1 Administ Domain A   235612 Sep 17 09:43 remote.tar.gz
drwxr-xr-x   5 Administ Domain A        0 Aug 01 11:11 usr
drwxr-xr-x   4 Administ Domain A        0 Aug 01 11:10 var

H:\site>tar tvz --force-local -f H:\site\coolview.tar.gz
-rwxrwxrwx Administrators/Domain Admins 320512 Jul 05 00:00 1997 bash.exe
-rwxrwxrwx Administrators/Domain Admins 572950 Sep 23 12:50 1997 cygwin.dll
-rw-rw-rw- Administrators/Domain Admins 693370 Aug 19 14:38 1997 libcygwin.a
-rwxrwxrwx Administrators/Domain Admins   3072 Jul 12 01:53 1997 ps.exe

H:\site>ls -l /site
total 1110
-rwxrwxrwx   1 Administ Domain A   320512 Jul 05 00:00 bash.exe
-rw-rw-rw-   1 Administ Domain A   427838 Sep 23 12:58 coolview.tar.gz
-rwxrwxrwx   1 Administ Domain A   572950 Sep 23 12:50 cygwin.dll
-rw-r--r--   1 Administ Domain U    13123 Sep 23 13:14 index.shtml
-rw-rw-rw-   1 Administ Domain A   693370 Aug 19 14:38 libcygwin.a
-rwxrwxrwx   1 Administ Domain A     3072 Jul 12 01:53 ps.exe
-rw-rw-rw-   1 Administ Domain A   235612 Sep 17 09:43 remote.tar.gz
drwxr-xr-x   5 Administ Domain A        0 Aug 01 11:11 usr
drwxr-xr-x   4 Administ Domain A        0 Aug 01 11:10 var

-- 
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia
Looking for a job.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".