Subject: RE: trying to get telnetd working
From: [email-masked] (Karl Martin Syring)

24 Sep 1997 13:23:41 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]"
	 <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "'Gregg Jensen'" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]"
	 <[email-masked]>

Yes, you are right. The only way I can get it to work is to start inet -d from 
the bash prompt.
Any explanations?

Regards
Karl

-----Original Message-----
From:	Gregg Jensen [SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent:	Tuesday, September 23, 1997 11:51 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	trying to get telnetd working

I have NT4.0 SP1 and the latest coolview and remote tar files
that are available on Sergey's site.  I have also gone through
the archives of the mailing list (well at least July, August and
September).  I have followed the steps that were outlined in
Jerome Gay's post on Wed, 13 Aug 1997 and made the changes as
necessary to my account so I can run it from a shell (I also
have it configured as a service using srvany).  When I try to
telnet to my box (either from another box or even my box) I get:

PROMPT> telnet mybox
Trying XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX...
Connected to mybox.network.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
telnetd: All network ports in use.
Connection closed by foreign host.

What is the problem with "All network ports in use".  I tried to
use the system account, but when the login.exe executed it met with
many exception errors and died (probably because the environment wasn't
set up for that account...I would rather run under my account if
possible).  Any help would be appreciated.

Gregg Jensen
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".