Subject: RE: Cygwin32 Signals
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

24 Sep 1997 05:07:52 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Mikey wrote:
> perhaps the following Psuedocode fragment will
> give you some workable ideas.
>

This may not help. Signal processing thread must suspend main thread 
execution and switch it to signal handler routine. The only way to do it I 
see is the current method (originally designed by Steve Chamberlain, the 
inventor of gnu-win32 project): suspend the main thread execution, save 
current inctruction pointer, set it to signal handler address and resume 
main thread. Win95 may hang if context switching is while in a syscall. Why 
did it work before? Because all the signal mechanism was almost missing in 
cygwin.dll.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia
Looking for a job.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".