Subject: Making static library for use in an MSC++ environment
From: [email-masked] (Nils Rehfeld)

24 Sep 1997 03:52:47 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------6256DCEA909C4A092BC2CAE6"
To: [email-masked]

--------------6256DCEA909C4A092BC2CAE6
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hallo,

I have some functionality in use in my normal unix environment (linux,
solaris) using .  Now I have to port this to WinNT.

All things I want to transfer are in an static library.  I can make up a
test program for  win32 linking this library using the cygwin.dll. The
test program works correkt on WinNT.

Now I like to use my static library on  WinNT in an environment compiled
and linked with MS-C++.
I get trouble with the linker. There are typical some unresoved symbols
:
__impure_ptr
__ctype_
___srget
___assert
___errno
__alloca

These I think are special GNU functions which are not known to the Libc
on MS-C++.

Is the usage of a cygwin-compiled static library in the WinNT
environment totaly nonsence?
Can I configure my lib in a way that it uses only standard functions?
Can I use the cygwin.dll to comlpete my library?

Is there anybody who can give me a hint?

Thank you

Nils Rehfeld

--
************************************************************************
Dr. Nils Rehfeld , BSI FhG-IITB, Fraunhoferstr. 1, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel:0049-721/6091-366  Fax:0049-721/6091-413  email:[email-masked]
************************************************************************

--------------6256DCEA909C4A092BC2CAE6
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<HTML>
Hallo,

<P>I have some functionality in use in my normal unix environment (linux,
solaris) using .&nbsp; Now I have to port this to WinNT.

<P>All things I want to transfer are in an static library.&nbsp; I can
make up a test program for&nbsp; win32 linking this library using the cygwin.dll.
The test program works correkt on WinNT.

<P>Now I like to use my static library on&nbsp; WinNT in an environment
compiled and linked with MS-C++.
<BR>I get trouble with the linker. There are typical some unresoved symbols
:
<BR>__impure_ptr
<BR>__ctype_
<BR>___srget
<BR>___assert
<BR>___errno
<BR>__alloca

<P>These I think are special GNU functions which are not known to the Libc
on MS-C++.

<P>Is the usage of a cygwin-compiled static library in the WinNT environment
totaly nonsence?
<BR>Can I configure my lib in a way that it uses only standard functions?
<BR>Can I use the cygwin.dll to comlpete my library?

<P>Is there anybody who can give me a hint?

<P>Thank you

<P>Nils Rehfeld
<PRE>--&nbsp;
************************************************************************
Dr. Nils Rehfeld , BSI FhG-IITB, Fraunhoferstr. 1, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel:0049-721/6091-366&nbsp; Fax:0049-721/6091-413&nbsp; email:[email-masked]
************************************************************************</PRE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------6256DCEA909C4A092BC2CAE6--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".