Subject: Re: Info pages, BASH setup
From: [email-masked] (Ed Huott)

23 Sep 1997 21:13:05 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> I have the user tools only, not the compilers, etc. (for now :-). I notice
> there are plenty of Info files in the info directory. This is nice, but
> useless without a way to read them. I have NT Emacs, & could use that. Is
> there a way to hook the Cygnus info files into the NT Emacs' Info tree?
> 

Piece 'o cake.  Just edit the 'dir' file that lives in the 'info'
directory of your NT Emacs installation.  Here's an example line that
I added to mine to point to the bash info files:

  * Bash: (c:/gnu-win32/info/bash.info).  The Bourne Again SHell.

Just follow the pattern substituting in the paths to where things live on
your file system and you should be all set.

BTW, if you invoke Emacs's info mode with a prefix argument
(e.g. using 'C-u C-h i'), Emacs will prompt you for the path/filename
of the info file you want to browse.

Hope this helps.

<ED>
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".