Subject: Re: pathname conversion
From: [email-masked] (John R. Dennis)

23 Sep 1997 07:05:09 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

> Does anyone know of a command/function which will give the translation 
> of the cygnus path name and vice versa?

[ several conversion suggestions given ]

Why is pathname conversion even necessary? When in Rome do as the Romans do.

Cygnus has done a wonderful job of providing free UNIX software on the
PC. However, I gave up using many of the tools because they don't
play well in a mixed environment with standard PC tools, mainly because
the cygnus tools have a path name convention that is (arbitrarily?)
different from DOS/Win32. Obviously there must be a good reason for
being different, can someone explain what it is?

-- 
John Dennis (Sharp Eye, Inc.)
Contract programming services specializing in 3D graphics
http://www.sharpeye.com
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".