Subject: Re: coolview+less: search dying
From: [email-masked] (Chris Faylor)

22 Sep 1997 20:53:58 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

In article <[email-masked]>,
eyal  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Just picked a less binary (do not remember the site)and got it going
>after finding a decent termcap file fot 'asci'.
>
>Whenever I do a search ('/') it dies with a message saying that
>regexec was called but it was 'not done' (sorry, do not have
>the machine by me). I guess pattern was not set somehow.
>
>Anyone got a good (working) 'less'?

That was probably the version of less that I compiled.  The site is:

    http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf

The problem is due to the fact that Cygnus has removed regexec and
regcomp from the next version of cygwin.dll because the source is
LGPL rather than GPL.  Sergey's coolview stuff reflects the current
cygwin sources so this has been removed.

I don't know if Cygnus plans to replace the regex functions with
something GPL'ed for B19, but in the meantime it will be necessary to
link in a static version of these routines into anything that requires
them.

I'll see about updating the less on my web page in the next couple of days
to work around this problem.
-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".