Subject: Re: EA DATA. SF ??
From: [email-masked] (Charles Curley)

22 Sep 1997 16:23:52 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: Alex <[email-masked]>
Cc: "William M. Mullins" <[email-masked]>,
        [email-masked]

At 11:39 PM 9/21/97 -0700, Alex wrote:
>
>
>On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, William M. Mullins wrote:
>
>> Sir:
>> 
>> I am running NT4SP3 and I now have a 29MB "EA DATA. SF" file on my 1.6GB
>> FAT partition that has only 358MB of data on it.  It has grown to this
>> size over the course of only 3 days (with a lot of "make all"'s and
>> "make clean"'s).  I suggest a problem my be present in cleaning up these
>> files on the system.
>
>Since you're using NT and an obsolete FAT partition, which doesn't
>suppport extended attributes, I'm guessing NT uses this file to store the
>extended attributes for files on a FAT partition.  Cygnus's tools do use
>these extended attributes a fair deal, as do other programs I'm sure, so
>this file is probably worth keeping.

It is a nice guess, but I am not sure it is correct. I just checked my
system (NT 4.0, SP1, W95 OSR0), with no ntfs partitions, and did not find a
file of that name.

		-- C^2

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://web.idirect.com/~ccurley
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".