Subject: Re: can't figure something out in gl.h
From: [email-masked] (John R. Dennis)

22 Sep 1997 14:22:29 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

>>>>> "Earnie" == Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]> writes:

    Earnie> I believe the problem is the it should be "_WIN32" and not
    Earnie> "WIN32".

Confession time here. I never did understand the distinction between
the _WIN32 and WIN32 symbols. The MSVC Doc says it defines _WIN32 not
WIN32. When I first started programming in Win32 I used the _WIN32
symbol. Then I started to notice all the example code I saw used the
WIN32 symbol, which seemed to me to be cleaner (I had always though
leading underscore symbols were reserved for use by the system). Lo
and behold WIN32 seemed to be defined and everything worked. I'm
guessing here, not having tracked it down, but I'm assuming the
pre-processor predefines _WIN32 and some other header file then
defines WIN32 as a consequence. It seems like the preferred symbol is
WIN32 based on the code coming from Microsoft. Anyway care to shed
some light on this?

-- 
John Dennis (Sharp Eye, Inc.)
Contract programming services specializing in 3D graphics
http://www.sharpeye.com
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".