Subject: X programs "Segmentation fault" in cgywin.dll (b18) under NT 4.0
From: [email-masked] (Tor M. Aamodt)

22 Sep 1997 08:05:45 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hello there cygwin people,

Whenever I run a program complied with gnu-win32 that uses X11 under NT
4.0 it causes the following error:

    The instruction at "0x0252bac6" referenced memory at "0x100476c0".
    The momory could not be "written".

This is in cygwin.dll.  I have the X11R6.3 libs distributed by Arlindo
da Silva, none of his x-apps work,
they all give this error too.  Here is a bit of the disassembly
surrounding the offending instruction:

0252bab7   call      0253ea98
0252babc   add       esp,00000014
0252babf   push      00000001
0252bac1   call      02544ddc
0252bac6   mov       dword ptr [100476c0],ebx    <----- segmentation
fault here
0252bacc   mov       eax,dword ptr [ebx+10]
0252bacf   mov       dword ptr [eax],100476c8

I am obviously doing something wrong here, but what?   I'm running NT
4.0 and I assume that the default cygwin.dll is compatible with that.
All the consol apps work fine.   I don't know... how about you?

Tor
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".