Subject: coolview cygwin.dll and Win95
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

22 Sep 1997 06:46:40 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Sergey,

I have been trying to install the 9/15 version of cygwin.dll on my Win95 
system (original with Serv Pak 1).  I get things working fine as far as 
starting up, being able to key commands and the like.  But when I issue 
a configure command it will hang the system hard.  Once I was able to 
look at the details of the abort and can say that it was in the USER.EXE 
but that is all I have.

I wanted to use your version as I believe it fixes some things and was 
determined to get it working so I moved the libcygwin.a file in place 
and rebuilt bash-2.01.  That went alright but when I put my rebuilt 
version of bash in place with your version of cygwin.dll and tried to 
rebuild bash-2.01 again I get the same aborts. Sigh!!!

Is there something I'm doing wrong??? I don't know.  I can say that 
sometimes, not always, but more times than not, the abort causes my PS/2 
mouse to disappear on the next boot (the cmos stats don't even show it 
as being there).  This is fixed by shutting down the system and booting 
again.

If your wondering about sh.exe, I've "rm sh.exe" and "ln -s bash.exe 
sh".  Oh, this isn't the cause of the problem; just to be sure I also 
copied the bash.exe to sh.exe.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".