Subject: Re: EA DATA. SF ??
From: [email-masked] (Alex)

22 Sep 1997 00:04:11 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Alex <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: "William M. Mullins" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, William M. Mullins wrote:

> Sir:
> 
> I am running NT4SP3 and I now have a 29MB "EA DATA. SF" file on my 1.6GB
> FAT partition that has only 358MB of data on it.  It has grown to this
> size over the course of only 3 days (with a lot of "make all"'s and
> "make clean"'s).  I suggest a problem my be present in cleaning up these
> files on the system.

Since you're using NT and an obsolete FAT partition, which doesn't
suppport extended attributes, I'm guessing NT uses this file to store the
extended attributes for files on a FAT partition.  Cygnus's tools do use
these extended attributes a fair deal, as do other programs I'm sure, so
this file is probably worth keeping.

- alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".