Subject: Re: make: [install] Error 1 (ignored) and pdksh
From: [email-masked] (Alex)

22 Sep 1997 00:04:02 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Alex <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Marc Mandel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On Thu, 18 Sep 1997, Marc Mandel wrote:

> Although I do have a ksh.exe located in /usr/local/bin it does not 
> work properly.  Commands such as 'cd' work properly, but any other 
> commands, such as 'ls' will execute, give the output, but then will 
> 'hand' and not return to the prompt.
> 
> My questions are:
> 1.  Has anybody compiled / installed pdksh successfully and what 
> steps were necessary?

I've compiled pdksh, and put it on my web page, and I'm assuming that's
the one you have.  However with the original cygwin.dll there will be
problems.  I suggest downloading a newer cygwin.dll from Sergey's web
page (http://www.lexa.ru/sos) that fixes this an many other problems.

> 2. What does  "[install] Error 1" mean and what (if anything) should 
> I look at to fix it.

It means install exited with it's return value as 1, meaning an error.
However ignored means that it's not worth paying attention to, this
usually happens when it tries to make backups of files that aren't there
to begin with.

- alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".