Subject: RE: Problem with rcl resource compiler
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

21 Sep 1997 22:28:48 -0700
Message-ID: <01BCC74C.30406620.cygnus.gnu-win32@gbird0>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "'Dana Elliott'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "'GNU-Win32'" <[email-masked]>

Dana Elliott[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
>I am trying to compile a simple resource script with rcl under mingw32 and
>get the following messages:
>
>CreateProcess('cpp -lang-c++ -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 h:\dana\dbw\dbw.rc
>rescpp.res') failed with 2
>Error executing command 'cpp -lang-c++ -DWIN32 -D_WIN32 h:\dana\dbw\dbw.rc
>rescpp.res', code = 0

rcl may have trouble finding the cpp.exe program if it is not in the PATH.
(Error 2 is, by the way, ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND as defined in the Win32 API.)
The basic problem is that rcl doesn't know about or doesn't use the
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environment variable. I fixed my personal copy to try adding
on the GCC_EXEC_PREFIX if a normal attempt didn't work, but I don't know if
that change made it to the version I posted on my web page.

There are three solutions (aside from changing the rcl source):

 - Move cpp.exe to a directory in the path (perhaps the same directory as
   gcc.exe and the rest).

 - Add the directory containing cpp.exe to the path.

 - Add a command line argument -cpp <full path to cpp.exe> to your
   rcl command lines.

I'll try to remember to add that one to the known problems page on my
web site.

Colin.

-- Colin Peters - Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science
-- [email-masked] - finger for PGP public key
-- http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/index.html
-- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".