Subject: man page licenses
From: [email-masked] (Alex)

21 Sep 1997 17:34:29 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Hi:

I ran cygwin.dll through strings, and grabbed the names of what look like
exported functions.  I'm currently in the process of copying the actual
source from FreeBSD's man pages for the functions that both share, and
planning to add the ones that are missing, and modify the obviously wrong
ones.  This means that if I do copy them, most will only need some
modification and that I should leave the original BSD liscense attached.
However for the missing ones, and ones that are so far off (for instance
crypt()) they are probably worth writing from scratch.  As I would like to
contribute this to the gnu-win32 project is there a preferred liscense
agreement that I should attach?  Or since some of the pages will have BSD
liscense on them is it worth just keeping these totally seperate from the
gnu-win32 package?

- alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".