Subject: Re: gnu-win32@cygnus.,com
From: [email-masked] (Alex)

20 Sep 1997 16:25:08 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

On Sat, 20 Sep 1997, Bartlee A. Anderson wrote:

> Oh-oh...
> I smell a kernel somewhere close by....!
> can anybody say kernel on a string... umm, er thread?

*GRIN* well after seeing a post stating that ps would only recognize
cygnus processes, I'm thinking it wouldn't be too terribly hard to have
something create a directory /proc/pid# when a process is created and
delete it when it is erased, though that would be slow.  Or a table could
be kept in memory or the registry.

- alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".