Subject: can't figure something out in gl.h
From: [email-masked] (Garner Chung)

20 Sep 1997 04:31:44 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/enriched; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

One of the main reasons for my having so many problems linking to SGI's
opengl.dll was the fact that in "gl.h" there are these lines:

<fontfamily><param>Courier New</param>#if !defined(WIN32)

#define WINGDIAPI

#define APIENTRY

#endif /* defined(WIN32) */

</fontfamily>

Basically, they don't work.  So APIENTRY gets redefined to nothing (from
STDCALL).  Therefore gcc would constantly spit out an object file that
would tell the ld to try and link to a glFunction without the "@NN"s.  I
therefore idiotically assumed that all glFunctions were not
STDCALL's(without even looking at the gl header file).  I am kind of
unversed in programming in general.  I guess I am wondering why these
lines don't work properly.  Meaning that: WINGDIAPI and APIETNRY should
not get redefined to nothing on my machine.

Where would "WIN32" get defined?

garner
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".