Subject: Re: Bash 2.01 function w/line breaks? Rvxt?
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

19 Sep 1997 06:23:24 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]

How about it Cygnus?  Could you mirror for Sergey? 

         \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o---

[email-masked]

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 17:23:46 -0400
From: Elliot <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Bash 2.01 function w/line breaks?  Rvxt?

I have Bash 2.01 and a recent, though not the very latest cygwin.dll
from Sergei (is anyone maintaining a mirror of Sergei's site in the
US?).

I can read most of my .bashrc file (that is, the \n are correct and the
mount is done with -b) but if there is a function with a line break in
the middle. bash complains.

Example:

....
psg ()
{
  ps -aux |  grep $1 | grep -v grep
}

This causes Bash complain about a syntax error near psg().  This works
under 2.01 on a Sparc.  This used to work on 1.8 under cygwin32.

Now, when I change it to

psg () {
....

AND amke sure there is a space after the open brace, then it works.  Any
ideas?

Also, I got rxvt to work (cool) using eXodus as an X server.  Is there
documentation on it (yes, I see rvxt -h).  What are the defaults?  What
is the default font?  I notice that the term type is xterm-color, but I
don;t see any colors.  I still get "rxvt: Failed to open input method"
and a few "seteuid called and it's not done yet" messages.  Normal?

Thanks!!  Great job Sergei.  Come the US; I'm sure you'll easily find a
job here!

--Elliot

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".