Subject: RE: ps, test, /dev/null questions
From: [email-masked] (Larry Hall)

18 Sep 1997 16:59:54 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: "Khosla, Deepak" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

At 02:06 PM 9/18/97 -0500, Khosla, Deepak wrote:
>-	Sending anything to /dev/null does create a file that size (not 
>good), however if you input from it, you don't get anything (strange 
>but good)

I've made /dev/null a directory.  This works nicely since it never grows
and nothing ends up in the directory.  It has worked real well for me and 
seems to be a better alternative than using a file called null in the
/dev directory, IMHO.

Larry Hall                              [email-masked]
RFK Partners, Inc.                      (781) 239-1053
8 Grove Street                          (781) 239-1655 - FAX
Wellesley, MA  02181                             

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".