Subject: make: [install] Error 1 (ignored) and pdksh
From: [email-masked] (Marc Mandel)

18 Sep 1997 11:37:22 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: [email-masked]

I have been trying to compile / install pdksh 5.2.3.  Although I have 
gotten through most of the problems, I still have one (possibly two) 
left.

I can do './configure' and 'make' without errors, however 'make 
install' gives the following:

[/pdksh-5.2.3]$ make install
../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/bin /usr/local/man/man1
/gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/install -c ksh.exe
/usr/local/bin/ksh.exe /gnuwin32/b18/H-i386-cygwin32/bin/install -c -m
644 ./ksh.1 /usr/local/man/man1/ksh.1 make: [install] Error 1
(ignored) [/pdksh-5.2.3]$ 

Although I do have a ksh.exe located in /usr/local/bin it does not 
work properly.  Commands such as 'cd' work properly, but any other 
commands, such as 'ls' will execute, give the output, but then will 
'hand' and not return to the prompt.

My questions are:
1.  Has anybody compiled / installed pdksh successfully and what 
steps were necessary?
2. What does  "[install] Error 1" mean and what (if anything) should 
I look at to fix it.

TIA,

marc mandel

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".