Subject: Compiler problems.
From: [email-masked] (Smith, Eric)

18 Sep 1997 09:50:05 -0700
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=Eastman%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "'GnuChat (E-mail)'" <[email-masked]>

I have just reinstalled the Cygnus CDK to a non-default directory and am
testing the gcc compiler.  Each time I try to compile a small program I
get the following :

bash$ gcc -o TEST_GCC.exe Test_1.c
gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or directory
gcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 127
bash$

I have installed the CDK onto NT 4.0 in a directory C:\\Unix_Root 
	and renamed the C:\\Unix_Root\\H_i386_cygnus32 to C:\\Unix_Root\\sys

The following is my mount table data :

bash$ mount
Device           			Directory     	Type    		Flags
\\.\tape1:       			/dev/st1         	native      	no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       			/dev/st0         	native      	no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\b:           			/dev/fd1        	native      	no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\a:           			/dev/fd0     	native      	no-mixed,text!=binary
C:\Unix_Root\sys\bin 		/bin                	native
	no-mixed,text=binary
c:\Unix_root     		/                   	native
	no-mixed,text=binary
bash$

I have set the environment variables as follows (as seen from bash env
command):

GDBTK_LIBRARY=C:/Unix_Root/share/gdbtcl
TCL_LIBRARY=C:/Unix_Root/tcl/lib/tcl7.6
PATH=//C/WINNT/system32://C/WINNT://C/ORANT/BIN:.://C/USR/BIN:/bin:/tcl/
bin://C/PVCS/NT://C/PROGRAM FILES/DR
SOLOMON/TOOLKIT:://C/VISIO://C/VIM-4.5
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=C:\Unix_Root\sys\lib\gcc-lib\

Is there something missing?  Does something have to be moved?  Is the
path incomplete?  

Eric M. Smith
telephone               : (423) 229-2254
profs/officevision     : XGIB003
internet -- business : [email-masked]
internet -- personal  : [email-masked]

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are quick to anger.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
good with ketchup.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".