Subject: ps, test, /dev/null questions
From: [email-masked] (Khosla, Deepak)

17 Sep 1997 11:50:36 -0700
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=COMPAQ%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Hi,

Can anyone answer these for me - I've looked through the docs but no 
man on ps :-(

1)	ps -ef does not return all the jobs on the system. Is there a way I 
can look at all the jobs and not just the children of my session?
2)	test -w Dir returns FALSE even though I can write to the directory 
DIR
3)	I have found through some emails that people use nul: as the 
equivalent of /dev/null (in Unix). Is that accurate and corect? Is 
that dcumented anywhere?

Regards

Deepak Khosla
281-514-9234
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".