Subject: fileutils, install -- .exe file extension
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

17 Sep 1997 11:50:29 -0700
Message-ID: <Pine.3.07.9709171420.A17772-a100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@login>
Reply-To: Earnie Boyd <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII
To: Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Is there some script or fix for install not being able to operate on the
..exe named file when given just the basename.

A suggestion I have would be to let bash expand filenames given as
parameters before being passed to the called program.  Switches and
environment variables could be set to allow the expanded names to contain
either the forward slash path notation (default this way) or the back
slash notation.

 \|-----------|/    [email-masked]
--|Earnie Boyd|--       ** text only please **
 /|-----------|\

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".