Subject: bash performance not so gooood
From: [email-masked] (Khosla, Deepak)

17 Sep 1997 11:31:31 -0700
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=COMPAQ%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

Hi,
Just some comparison numbers on a large script I ran on Windows NT 4.0 
SP3 using some different packages:

Gnuwin bash	- 2 mins 20 secs
MKS ksh	- 2 mins 0 secs
ATT UWIN ksh -  0 mins 20 secs

Any opinions as to why?
Also, the CPU utilization was extremely high and memory usage by the 
sh.exe (sometimes several probably where there are pipes in the 
script) was around 5-6Mb each! Not a pretty sight.

I was running on dual 200MHz Pentium with 128MB ram.
Gnuwin32 B18 with the coolview patch (same performance without 
patch).

Any ideas since at this performance, I would have to buy the UWIN 
package and I would prefer not doing it....

Regards

Deepak Khosla
281-514-9234
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".