Subject: rxvt & pseudo-tty's
From: [email-masked] (Smith, Martin)

17 Sep 1997 04:46:55 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: "'gnu-win32'" <[email-masked]>

I am using b18 with Sergey's latest patches and get the following   
messages when I try to open an rxvt (using StarNet's XWin32 server).

seteuid called, and it's not done yet.
rxvt: can't open pseudo-tty
rxvt: aborting

I have two questions. Firstly, what's the seteuid stuff, what causes the   
message and can I get rid of it (apologies if this obvious to the more   
Un*x-aware of you).

Secondly, what might be the cause of my problem with the rxvt? This was   
working a few days ago - I think the only changes I have made (!) were to   
pick up the latest coolview. Do I need to do something else?

On a (perhaps) unrelated note, I've seen several mentions of remounting   
filesystems in binary mode. Why is this required and is it done by   
default? Mount currently reports the following.

Device           Directory           Type        Flags
d:\Develop\gnuwin32\H-i386-cygwin32 /usr                native   
     no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      no-mixed,text!=binary
c:               /                   native      no-mixed,text!=binary

Thanks,
	Martin

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".