Subject: terminal woes and vim
From: [email-masked] (Larry Hall)

16 Sep 1997 20:53:19 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

Has anyone else had problems when scrolling down with CTRL-D in vim?  When
I do this, the command line is also scrolled, which sometimes leads to ugly
text appearing within my file.  This is most noticeable when I set "ruler" 
but can be seen in the "right" situation even if the ruler is off (i.e.
enter a common search string when you're at the top of the file and do 
a few searches on the string when it appears multiple times in the same
screen full, although on different lines).  It probably won't show up if
your text takes up the majority of the screen's line.  I notice it on
searches in code where there are spaces and/or tabs for indentation and
white space to the right on most lines.  This occurs for me whether the 
window size matches the screen buffer size or not. Its not a winsup problem 
since scrolling the whole screen is correct in the general sense.  It also 
doesn't seem to be a vim problem since it works fine in the same situations
on Linux.  I'm thinking its may be a termcap problem but I'm not sure what
I should look at.  I'm not very knowledgeable about termcap stuff.  Anybody
have any ideas?  I'm running a "coolview" version of the cygwin.dll from
Sergey circa 8/97.  Also, I'm using a home-built version of vim 5.0k 
originally built against an earlier cygwin.dll from Sergey, circa mid July. 
I'm running on NT 4.0+SP3.  Any VIMers out there see anything similar???

TIA,
Larry

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".