Subject: Re: shell with scroll bar
From: [email-masked] (Arlindo da Silva)

16 Sep 1997 19:06:08 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked] (Lawrence)
Cc: [email-masked]

> 
> is there any shell with the scroll bar?
> running bash/tcsh only gives a DOS-like box.

I know what you mean. The only way I know of is by using Sergey's rxvt
which has the look and feel of xterm. For running it you need:

   - remote.tar.gz from Sergey's site: http://www.lexa.ru/sos

   - X11R6.3 DLL's. You can either install the whole NT X11R6.3 libraries
     if you intend to be developing local X11 clients:

         ftp://niteroi.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/win32/X11R6.3/README

     If you just want to run rxvt, get all the DLL's from

         ftp://niteroi.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/win32/X11R6.3/X11R6.3/bin

     and put them somewhere in your path.

   - Get yourself an X server (see README file above), and 
     set DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
     
          Good Luck,

		Arlindo.

-- 

   *-----------------------------------------------------------------*
   |                                                                 |
   |             ^|^                     ARLINDO DA SILVA            |
   |              |                     212 Lexington Drive          |
   |             _|_                  Silver Spring, MD 20901        |
   |      @  ___|___|__                                              |
   |     _|_|__________|_______/     mailto:[email-masked]     |
   |    \  o o o o o o o  /                                          |
   |     \_______________/             Home: (301) 754-1121          |
   |  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^          FAX: (301) 805-7960          |
   |                                                                 |
   *-----------------------------------------------------------------*

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".