Subject: RE: Are Sergey's precomiled binaries(cygwin.dll.....) compatible with Win95?
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

16 Sep 1997 00:47:23 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

porcelin Wang wrote:
> Are Sergey's latest precomiled binaries(cygwin.dll.....) compatible with
> Win95?
> If no, where is a one, and how to get it or make it by myself.

The signal handling with window messages is incompatible with non-reentrant 
16-bit user.exe module in Windows95... Windows 95 crashes when signal 
handler modifies the context of main thread while in user.exe code. The 
state of user.exe is unpredictable in this case.

I've just modified the cygwin code - do not send SIGCHLD to parent on child 
exit. It's the default behavior on windows 95 (it's still possible to 
override it with CYGWIN_SIGCHLD=1 environment variable). On NT the SIGCHLD 
signal is always sent to parent. My W95 machine runs now configure of cdk 
in one console, and the make of cdk in another console. I'll post the patch 
when the both processes will finish successfully:-)

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia
Looking for a job.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".