Subject: crosscompiling from Linux
From: [email-masked] (Myles Uyema)

15 Sep 1997 23:03:33 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/signed; protocol="application/pgp-signature";
	micalg=pgp-md5; boundary=FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5
To: [email-masked]

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Okay so I've got the tools and libraries, built the cross-binutils and
cross-compiler (egcs-970910), but now how do I get around the complaint of
the GNU autoconf script saying:

checking for gcc... i586-cygwin32-gcc
checking whether the C compiler (i586-cygwin32-gcc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (i586-cygwin32-gcc  ) is a cross-compiler...
yes
..
..
..
checking whether setvbuf arguments are reversed... configure: error: can not
run test program while cross compiling

This happens trying to configure the inetutils-1.3a GNU package.
CC=i586-cygwin32-gcc ../inetutils-1.3a/configure --disable-servers
--disable-ncurses --host=i586-linux --target=i586-cygwin32

For that matter, this happens with most of the networking apps which
come with GNU autoconf script.

This same error also happens trying to cross-compile the BitchX IRC
application.  It's been compiled on gnu-win32 natively, but I don't have
fulltime access to a NT/95 system, and I'd rather build cywin32 apps from my
home linux system instead of installing win95 and the CDK package.

-- 
Myles Uyema
[email-masked]

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5
Content-Type: application/pgp-signature

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5--
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".