Subject: Re: Any plans on implementing chroot() in b19?
From: [email-masked] (Paul Prescod)

14 Sep 1997 10:01:11 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: GNU Win 32 <[email-masked]>

David Fox wrote:
> I would also like to see RPM under Win32, unless there is some
> superior alternative available under NT.  Of course, for it to be
> superior it would have to be cross platform and already available and
> in wide use under Unix, which it isn't.  So there you are.

Is RPM in wide use under Unix as opposed to just Linux? I have used it
and found it very convenient, but hardly anybody distributes their
software that way by default. :( Some Linuxer always has to turn it into
an RPM. It would be very nice if RPM were more widely used and
supported. Maybe making it available and compatible under NT would help.
I'm no expert, but can't you make RPMs that have just the portable
source and no binaries?

 Paul Prescod

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".