Subject: Re: gnu-win32-b18
From: [email-masked] (Hilton Fernandes)

14 Sep 1997 08:15:57 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7BIT
To: Chad Schmidt <[email-masked]>, Cygnus gnuwin32 <[email-masked]>
Cc: Hilton Fernandes <[email-masked]>

On 13 Sep 97 at 11:00, Chad Schmidt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> *sigh*
> 
> I was really looking forward to using this program, but I seem to have
> run into an odd snaffu..
> 

<snip><snip><snip><snip><snip><snip><snip><snip><snip><snip><snip>

> I'm using cuteftp 1.8 as my client...
> 

I don't use cuteftp, but i share with you some of your problems: i 
also used a dial-up connection, and it is unreliable.  

I suggest you to look at MTU.  Check whether the MTU size in your 
dial-up configuration is the same as your ISP.  That can speed up 
your transference rate.

In my own name and -- i guess -- in the name of all dial-up
connection users, i'd like to ask Cygnus to split its files into
even smaller chunks.  It was a really good idea to split them, but
the size diminition doesn't seem enough to warranty the successful 
download to many of us poor dial-up downloaders. :-(

Best regards,
++Hilton 
----
Hilton Fernandes
[email-masked]
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5657
URLs and help on C++ programming and Object-Oriented Design
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".