Subject: Re: Win32 Xwin servers
From: [email-masked] (Robert Schmidt)

12 Sep 1997 15:16:16 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Arlindo da Silva <[email-masked]>
Cc: rale <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Arlindo da Silva wrote:
> I am not aware of any other *free* X server. However, there is a fully
> functional demo (2 hour limit) from Startnet which is somehwat nicer:

Isn't Win32 one of the supported platforms by the standard X11R6
distribution now?  I might be wrong.  Some time ago I got the X client
libraries from there, anyway, and I'd find it strange if a server for
Win32 wasn't buildable also.  Then again, it would probably not have
many of the features one would expect from a X server on Win32 (like
multiple client windows instead of one X desktop window).

--
Robert Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Software Developer / Vingmed Sound tel +47 67124237 fax +47 67124355
Private tel +47 22606076 WWW http://www.nvg.unit.no/~rsc

    jeg lukker et oye og ser halvt
    jeg  lukker begge  og ser  alt            -- seigmen
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".