Subject: wish4.2 problems in gnuwin32
From: [email-masked] (David J. Slate)

11 Sep 1997 15:56:17 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

To: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Subject: wish4.2 problems in gnuwin32

I am trying to port a large (15000+ lines) wish script to gnuwin32 (b18) on
a Dell PentiumPro WinNT machine and a Dell PentiumII Win95 machine.  This
script currently runs nicely under Linux on those machines and others and
also on a DEC Alpha running OSF/1 Unix, using both wish4.1 or wish4.2.
Under gnuwin32 it exhibits some very strange behavior that suggests that the
equivalent of expose, redraw, and/or resize events are not being handled
correctly.  This problem is much worse on the Win95 system than on WinNT.
On Win95, attempts to manipulate windows and widgets result in what looks
like a "broken mirror" effect, with parts of windows and widgets littering
the screen.  On WinNT, grabbing windows by their title bars and moving them
generally cleans up the display, but this does not work under Win95.  Other
problems include non-working scroll bars, and a menu button which, when
clicked, appears not to post its menu but actually does, but invisibly, so
that if one scrolls the mouse to the position of a given menu entry and
clicks, the appropriate operation is performed, despite the fact that the
menu entry itself is invisible.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behavior?

Thanks,

-- Dave Slate
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".