Subject: plotutils 1.1
From: [email-masked] (William M. Mullins)

11 Sep 1997 15:05:33 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "\"[email-masked]\"" <[email-masked]>

To help support some legacy FEA code (mid 80's vintage) I needed a way
to convert the tek graphics output to a more practical form.  The unix
"plotutils" have what I needed with tek2X and tek2ps along with the
other variations.  Building was a irritation (for me) so I though
some-one else might want my naive fixes.

W. M. Mullins

The following changes were made for compilation:

1.)
place "-lSM -lICE" at the END of lib list in X routines in configure.in

2.)
replaced "FILE *_outstream" with "FILE *stream" in
/libs/libplottek/extern.h defs of _putcode and _put_code_compresses to
agree with declarations in putcode.c

 commented out "FILE* _outstream = stdout;" in /lebs/common/outfile.c

 added "#define _outstream stdout" to end of /include/sys-defines.h

 commented out "FILE* _outstream;" in
 /libs/libplot/extern.h
 /libs/libplotfig/extern.h
 /libs/libplotps/extern.h
 /libs/libplottek/extern.h

 all this to avoid:

 gcc -DVERSION=\"1.1\" -O -I. -I../.. -I../../include  -c outfile.c
 outfile.c:12: initializer element is not constant
 make: *** [outfile.o] Error 1
 make: *** [all] Error 1
 make: *** [all] Error 1

 ***This likely breaks the libs for anything but stdout output...but
that is all I am using now!

4.)
in /libs/libplotps/closepl.c (near line 58) changed this to avoid
segmentation faults during ps output

#ifdef HAVE_GETHOSTNAME
  fprintf(_outstream, "%%%%Creator: %s\n", hostname);
/*  fprintf(_outstream,
   "%%%%Creator: %s@%s (%s)\n", pwd->pw_name, hostname, pwd->pw_gecos);
*/
#else
  fprintf(_outstream, "%%%%Creator: %s (%s)\n", pwd->pw_name,
pwd->pw_gecos);
#endif

avoids all the "getpwuid(getuid())" complications by running away :^)!

5.)
ode build fails due to uninitialized variables et al ... I wasn't
interested in tracking it down ... but double, graph-?, plot2? and tek2?
all build seem to work acceptably.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".