Subject: Re: Security hole in gnu-win32-gcc
From: [email-masked] (jman)

11 Sep 1997 14:58:05 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: Daniel Kroening <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

This was found an discussed a while back you can search the ml 
archive's for exact times, but nothing was ever decisive about it 
other then its there an nothing can be done. I have found reboot the 
win95 system an before ya do anything else as in opening a secure 
document do your compiling then and only then open the secure 
document. 

At 07:40 PM 9/9/97 +0000, Daniel Kroening wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I discovered a security hole in cygnus gnu-win32 gcc: Obviously,
>allocated ram is not initialised. The generated binaries thus 
contain
>parts of the main memory of the machine compiling it. In binaries, 
where
>uninitialied arrays are, I discovered parts of web pages and other 
data
>of the memory. It might sound harmless, but confident documents or 
even
>pgp secret keys might get disclosed.
>
>Daniel Krvning

-------------------------------------------------------
Jason L. Esman aka _Jman  Owner Den Internet Services
System Admin. Network Consulting 
http://www.deninc.com | (down) irc.lx.net irc.deninc.com
Email [email-masked] or [email-masked]
Finger [email-masked] for PGP Public Keys... 
-------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".