Subject: configuration scripts
From: [email-masked] ("Smith, Eric")

10 Sep 1997 12:57:03 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=Eastman%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Microsoft Exchange Server Internet Mail Connector Version 4.0.994.63
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

To all,

Thank you for the responses.

I have resigned myself to the long and arduous task of using Borland's
FCONVERT.EXE to convert all of my configuration scripts from ANSI to OEM
format (strip out <CR>).  For the number of files I have, this appears
to be a long task.

This closes out one problem, but makes me wonder, why do the GNU scripts
from the .tar.gz files at the main ftp site have <CR><LF> in them
instead of just <LF>.  They are identified as UNIX scripts, but appear
to have a PC flavor to them.  Since I haven't edited them ("cat
{filename} | more" instead) I can't figure out where the <CR> came from
unless it is there to start.

Eric M. Smith
telephone               : (423) 229-2254
profs/officevision     : XGIB003
internet -- business : [email-masked]
internet -- personal  : [email-masked]

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are quick to anger.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
good with ketchup.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".