Subject: Foreign libraries
From: [email-masked] ("Andrey A. Kulaga")

10 Sep 1997 01:14:57 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I'm trying to port big banking application from Solaris to NT 
using gnu-win32 tools. My application will use Ingres and Tuxedo 
libraries (*.lib). The libraries are very big, and i don't want to find 
which dll contains particular call. Moreover, the libraries could contain
*.obj files for static linking.

I have two question about 

1) Will Cygnus provide support for linking *.lib libraries in the near future?
   I think it's badly required for serious applications.

2) Is there correct and fast method to transform *.lib libraries to *.a libraries

				Andrey A. Kulaga, Bank MENATEP

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".