Subject: configuration scripts.
From: [email-masked] ("Smith, Eric")

8 Sep 1997 21:25:55 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <c=US%a=_%p=Eastman%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Microsoft Exchange Server Internet Mail Connector Version 4.0.994.63
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

To all:

Having just recently started with the GNU family of tools, hopefully
someone can provide me info on this.

I have just installed the entire cdk from Cygnus Solutions.  Following
research (and interpretation of included README to FAQ on WWW), I have
done the following additional steps.

1. Create shortcut of sh.exe in /bin.

2. Added the following to my environment:
   GCC_EXEC_PREFIX  =  C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\
   PATH =
C:\gnuwin32\b18\H-i386-cygwin32\bin;C:\gnuwin32\b18\tcl\bin;...
   TCL_LIBRARY = C:/gnuwin32/b18/tcl/lib/tcl7.6
   GDBTK_LIBRARY = C:/gnuwin32/b18/share/gdbtcl

3. Created a /tmp directory.

After doing this, I have tried many times to execute configure scripts
for additional gnu tools (like gnat, hello-1.3, etc...).  The following
is the result.

bash$ ./configure: (null)

I have examined the scripts as best I can (I don't usually program shell
scripts), tried numerous parameters based on the file text, and yet I
cannot get the configuration files to generate the correct makefile from
makefile.in.

What do I still have to do to get the configuration scripts to run?

Eric M. Smith
telephone               : (423) 229-2254
profs/officevision     : XGIB003
internet -- business : [email-masked]
internet -- personal  : [email-masked]

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are quick to anger.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
good with ketchup.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".