Subject: b18 bash keyboard problems
From: [email-masked] (Tony Bamford)

8 Sep 1997 15:46:20 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Pro Version 2.1.2
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I am using b18 bash on a Windows 95 machine which was originally installed
with a Swedish keyboard was attached.  I have since connected a UK keyboard
and changed the keyboard settings via Control Panel.

When run, bash somehow picks up the Swedish settings and maps the keys
appropriately.  No remapping occurs when the --nolineediting flag is used,
however "set -o emacs" causes the same remapping problem.

I've run KEYB to remap to a UK keyboard, but keys seem to be remapped before
each prompt.  Thus (without looking at the source which I don't have) the
problem would seem to be within readline.  Can anyone tell me what registry
or other setting is being used for the keyboard layout and what I would have
to reset it to?

Many thanks.

Tony Bamford.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".