Subject: Re: Compiler Operator Dysfunction
From: [email-masked] (Mikey)

7 Sep 1997 23:59:57 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Original-To: Collen Allard <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Forte Agent 1.01/32.397
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

When posting Q's to the list, it is best to include some details

Platform, Program Input, Program Output (error messages)
Environment variables, little things like that.

Nothing happens dosen't tell anyone enough to help.

On Wed, 03 Sep 1997 12:10:57 -0600, you wrote:

> I am not a programmer, but want to be.  I am currently learning
>C++ on my own and got a copy of your compiler in the book i
>purchased. (Teach Yourself C++ In 24 Hours by Jesse Liberty).  I
>have read through all the .txt files, the FAQ several times, and I
>just can't figure how to make the compiler work. (probably too
>many years in the Windows environment)  I have altered my
>autoexec.bat as indicated in the Installing the Binary Release
>section. I then created a "hello.cpp" file using notepad.  Of
>course windows wanted to save that with a .txt extention, so I
>then edited the name in exlorer to leave it as a .cpp.  I then
>open a DOS window and try to compile the program by using the gcc
>hello.cpp -lstdc++ command and nothing happens.
>I know this is the most basic of questions but it really hinders
>my progress.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>Thank you very much for you help.
>Rick Allen
>
>[email-masked]
>
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

([email-masked])
delete REMOVETHIS from the above to reply
         Mikey
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".