Subject: FYI: unimplemented calls as a result of a wu-ftpd compile attempt.
From: [email-masked]

7 Sep 1997 19:28:48 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
X-Lotus-FromDomain: RADISYS_CORPORATION
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hello,

I thought I would list some things that I have found yet to be implemented
in gnu-win32
as a result of my feeble attempt to compile wuftpd.  This might help the
developers fill in the
todo list.  Then again, they probably are well aware of most of these.  If
so, does anyone
know that status of these implementations??

Note: I dont have a Unix box handy to find out exactly what all of this
calls / constants refer to.  So I am taking a stab at a bunch of these.
Also, I am well aware the wuftpd is a poor choice for
an ftpd under NT but I just wanted to do it for yuks.

Oh yeah.  I am using b-18 with Sergey Okhapkin's "coolview" patches.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
Some general constants:

NCARGS   ---  (number of chars in args) does NT have a limit??  should be
in <sys/params.h> ?
NGROUPS_MAX   -- max groups ids per user.  should be in <limits.h>?

Undefined calls during link time.  A bunch of these should be in libc.a but
obviously
are not:

get user's shell information.
ftpd.o(.text+0x15bd):ftpd.c: undefined reference to `getusershell'
ftpd.o(.text+0x15d6):ftpd.c: undefined reference to `endusershell'

get effective group id.
ftpd.o(.text+0x1fe8):ftpd.c: undefined reference to `setegid'

change effective file system root.  Dont know how this will be done in NT.
ftpd.o(.text+0x20eb):ftpd.c: undefined reference to `chroot'
ftpd.o(.text+0x211b):ftpd.c: undefined reference to `chroot'

chown call.  I guess I can look in the current chown code to see how this
is done. But shouldn't
this really be in libc.a?
ftpd.o(.text+0x2f25):ftpd.c: undefined reference to `fchown'

Get file descriptor to directory user-block?
glob.o(.text+0x42a):glob.c: undefined reference to `dirfd'

filename patten match.
access.o(.text+0x1da):access.c: undefined reference to `fnmatch'
access.o(.text+0x385):access.c: undefined reference to `fnmatch'
access.o(.text+0x6f7):access.c: undefined reference to `fnmatch'
access.o(.text+0x781):access.c: undefined reference to `fnmatch'
extensions.o(.text+0x853):extensions.c: undefined reference to `fnmatch'
extensions.o(.text+0xb7f):extensions.c: more undefined references to
`fnmatch' follow

file tree walk.
extensions.o(.text+0x12b8):extensions.c: undefined reference to `ftw'

some calls are described above.
extensions.o(.text+0x13d9):extensions.c: undefined reference to `fnmatch'
extensions.o(.text+0x1889):extensions.c: undefined reference to `fnmatch'
extensions.o(.text+0x1ac3):extensions.c: undefined reference to `fnmatch'
private.o(.text+0x582):private.c: undefined reference to `setegid'
hostacc.o(.text+0x12c):hostacc.c: undefined reference to `fnmatch'
make: *** [ftpd] Error 1

Regards,
-Alex

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".