Subject: Invoke and Run MikTeX on Windows NT
From: [email-masked] ("Chang NAB02, Scott H")

7 Sep 1997 10:54:30 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <c=US%a=attmail_%p=gov+usace%l=[email-masked]>
Original-To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
X-Mailer: Microsoft Exchange Server Internet Mail Connector Version 4.0.995.52
Encoding: 14 TEXT
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I need help to invoke and run the MikTeX 1.08 on Windows NT v. 4.0.  
*I have the necessary MikTeX files downloaded from
ftp://tug2.cs.umb.edu/tex-archive/systems/win32/miktex.
*I have the files installed on C:\TEXMF
*How can I invoke TeX...?  How can I open DVE file....? How can I
configure dvips? How can I run the MikTeX       to learn TeX/LaTeX?
I am a novice on MS-DOS and Windows NT.  Please kindly give me some help
to get the MikTeX program working on my PC terminal that is connected to
a Local Area Network (LAN), i.e. to create an executable
shortcut/taskbar, etc.

Thank you in advance,
Scott 

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".