Subject: Re: Is it possible to use cygwin32.dll using VC++
From: [email-masked]

6 Sep 1997 16:31:56 -0700
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>I have tried to port some small UNIX utilities to Win NT.. and it will
>be tedious if rewrite them in WIN32 API.. but my boss insisted that I
>cannot use 'free' compiler like g++.. :(

If your boss won't let you use a free compiler like g++, but will let
you use a free library like cygwin32, then your boss is seriously
confused.

>So is it possible to use cygwin32.dll with VC++?

In principle, sure: a DLL is a DLL.  In practice, try it and see what
happens.

Ian
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".